Head of Events Strategy, Prestigious London Venue
- Salary: Up to £56,700 + benefits
- Location: City of London
- Consultant: Emily Aldrich | 020 7588 8999
- Reference: 926680
Do you have extensive experience of the end-to-end management of high-level events?
Are you highly organised and process driven with excellent administrative skills?
Do you have great communication skills with a talent for winning hearts and minds?
Are you a strategic thinker, able to balance competing priorities while keeping sight of the big picture?
If the answer is yes; we’d love to hear from you! Our client is seeking an events professional with a strong track record to plan, build and manage a new events centre of excellence and enhance the operational delivery of events.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Establishing and ensuring the effective operation of a new events centre of excellence, leading on best practice and information sharing
- Driving the operational development and delivery of the programme of events (e.g. lectures, receptions, large scale dinners) to align with strategic objectives
- Working creatively with colleagues across departments and different events teams, facilitating a consistent approach, taking into account event objectives and the importance of diversity
- Managing post-event feedback, identifying strengths and weaknesses and driving joined up working to make the organisation stronger
- Actively participating in relevant corporate projects and identifying opportunities for promoting greater coordination for example in relation to sustainability, contingency planning and risk assessment, security and supplier relations
- Establishing improved career development, training and support for events staff
The skills you need to bring:
- Significant experience in the detailed planning and management of high-profile events / a recognised Programme or Project Delivery Practitioner qualification
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in procedures and the development and delivery of events that align with organisational objectives
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Strong leadership skills with experience building trust with stakeholders as well as delivering training and support to internal staff
- An interest in protocol and the strategic benefits events can provide
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Knowledge of the City of London would be beneficial