Our client is a privately-held international financial group headquartered in Mayfair, with investments including public equities, private equity, real estate and private debt. With a team of more than 35 professionals, they are now looking for an HR Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate processes are kept in place to manage the smooth running of the HR teams’ responsibilities.
- To support and advise on the recruitment, induction, attendance, retention, employee relations and employment of appropriately skilled and expert staff to meet business needs.
- To assist with the further development of HR systems, procedures and policies and management.
- To take responsibility for keeping current processes and practices up to date.
- To develop and deliver training sessions on HR policies.
- To contribute towards effective employee reward management.
- To provide reliable and trusted UK employment law advice. Liaise with local Employment lawyers.
- Identify and assess HR issues which need to be brought to the attention of the rest of the HR team.
- To oversee the payroll process, liaising with and managing effective relationships with payroll agencies.
- Working closely with the Partners in order to manage and oversee the HR aspect of the business.
- Conducting disciplinary, performance review and grievance hearings.
- Advise staff on queries relating to terms and conditions, or policies contained within the HR policy bank.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPD qualified preferred
- HR experience within financial services is desirable
- Experience of drafting and implementing HR policies, as well as handling complex staff issues (including sickness absence, maternity, disciplinary, grievance, redundancy etc)
- Previous supervisory responsibility
- Payroll experience would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise – must be highly organised and able to organise others
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment at times
- Ability to be pro-active and work on own initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written
- Good attention to detail
- Maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality at all times
- Team player and enthusiastic – flexible and willing attitude
- Highly professional in conduct and appearance