Junior Consultant, Communications Agency
- Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 + benefits
- Location: Central London
- Consultant: Sue Wildman | 020 7588 8999
- Reference: 926045
Immediate start! £27,000 - £35,000 - dependent on experience
Do you have one or two years’ experience working in PR / Communications or journalism and digital skills?
Do you have a very strong interest in working with clients in the Financial Sector?
Are you a superb writer? Are you motivated, resourceful and ready to work hard?
Are you available to start work right away?
Our client is a fast-growing strategic communications firm who is looking for a dynamic individual to join their financial services team
You'll add value straight away and will be rewarded with long-term commitment to your career.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Liaising with clients, the media and analysts
- Assisting with the organisation and delivery of events, campaigns etc.
- Drafting and distributing newsletters and releases
- Carrying out research and working on pitches for new businesses
- Updating calendars and media lists
- Drafting agendas and media briefings for client and journalist meetings
- Editing presentations and documents
- Assisting in tracking media coverage and creating client press cuttings
- Supporting on social media and marketing
The skills you need to bring:
- Likely to have degree or equivalent
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- An interest in financial services is essential
- At least one year’s experience of communications within a PR consultancy, press office or news outlet
- Ability to both prioritise and multitask while working to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Advanced MS Office with ability to produce professional presentations
- Familiarity and competency in social media (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Language Skills: English (fluent), other languages e.g. German, French an advantage