‘Did I just make more money on wine barrel futures than I did on the stock market?”
Fine wine boasts one of the best performing asset classes of the last 20 years – this is the perfect excuse to literally try before you buy!
Here at Aldrich we appreciate fine wine! On Wednesday evening we headed down to Old Spitalfields Market to try out Vagabond – by making 100 wines available to try by the sample, and by the glass, you are guaranteed to find an investment you love!
How it works:
- To pour your own wines from their tasting machines you’ll need to get a top-up card from behind the bar
- There’s a £5 deposit for the card – you get that back if you return it – then add whatever amount of credit you feel comfortable with, £20 is the most requested amount
- Place the card in the machine slot and press for a sample, a glass or a bigger glass pour
- We hope you appreciate what they do so much you’ll keep the card for your next visit but if you decide to return the card and there’s credit leftover, they refund it or you can put it towards a purchase. Up to you.
- Wine is always better with food so they have a delicious choice of canapés too. We highly recommend the aubergine with a yogurt, pistachio and pomegranate sauce!
Situated in the historic arches of Spitalfields the atmosphere is terrific – whether you fancy the market-facing terrace, buzzy shop floor or discreet downstairs lounge they have a vibe to suit all! So kick back and head to Vagabond to taste your investment, head to their website to check out your closest Vagabond.