The new Ned has made a huge impact offering outstanding restaurants, a lively vibe and the chicest rooms in the Square Mile. Their rooms are so fabulous, based on the 1920 designs, staying on a Sunday night last week was a great luxury, having had lunch on the roof terrace in the weak afternoon sun, blue skies, St Pauls as a backdrop we tucked into a delicious long lunch to celebrate my father’s 83rd birthday and all of his favourite things… with a twist – let’s just shake it up! G&T with cucumber (clearly a slice of lemon was out of the question) and this cocktail hit the spot, followed by the tenderest steak and then sage panacotta for pudding. Always adventurous and up for it!
- Add 3 slices of cucumber, the leaves from a sprig of mint, and the simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle. Add the lime juice, gin, and ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass. Spank the remaining sprig of mint before garnishing the cocktail with it and the remaining 2 slices of cucumber.
- 5 cucumber slices, divided
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Hendricks gin