The Wealth Management Association (WMA) is the representative body for the retail investment community and our members have a direct relationship with private clients, looking after £734bn of their assets, while our associate members provide valuable services to support the sector. We are the face of the financial services committee to the private individual, providing responsible stewardship of individuals’ long term savings and investments.
- Pension roundtables – an ongoing research initiative which publishes regular whitepapers.
- Thought leadership - including the Wealth of Opportunities report, Insight 360 series, Women in Wealth.
- Surveys – the WMA run four cornerstone industry surveys. The results of which are presented and published at our industry events.
- Indices – the MSCI/WMA indices is a benchmark used by clients and firms and is coordinated by a WMA member survey. The role holder will be responsible for all aspects of the indices
- Our flagship Millennial Forum which was successfully launched a year ago and is currently commencing into the 2017 cohort.
- Ad-hoc data gathering as required to support our policy work.
- Chairing the Research Committee and Millennial Council.
- This role requires
Essential skills and attributes:
- Gravitas and assertiveness appropriate to this senior position
- A self-starter with the ability to generate ideas in a creative manner, utilizing limited resources
- A strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodologies preferably gained agency side. Including experience in workshop, focus group and interview facilitation. Survey writing, data gathering and analysis.
- Excellent understanding of and experience in the financial services sector. Preferably in private banking, asset or wealth management.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and facilitation skills, are required.
- You should have a proven ability to work with peers and within a small team as well as the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to consolidate, document and present research findings, often from multiple sources, into concise, actionable, compelling stories to large and varying audiences.
- Well organised; able to stay on top of multiple work-streams.
- Be able to present at C-Level.
- Commercially aware and strategically astute; superb attention to detail
- Assisting other departments with their research initiatives. Particularly when seeking data or information from external firms or content for WMA events and publications.
- Experience of public policy research would be an advantage.
- Experience in managing and mentoring junior team members.
- Relationship development and sponsorship.
- Budget skills.
- Commercial and analytical thinker.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills across functions including C-Level conversations.
- Enjoys and is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to deliver under pressure. Able to adapt to changing
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative.