An exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic sales and marketing professional with excellent administrative and communication skills to join our high-performing, small commercial events team. The events team is responsible for organising commercial events at this historic London venue in the heart of the Square Mile. This is a world-class venue used by international companies, major public bodies and charities.
You will be joining an organisation committed to supporting and promoting the City as the world’s leading international finance and business centre. The team manage some 500 events each year, ranging from high profile corporate events and award ceremonies to large charity fundraisers and concerts.
• Research, develop and implement the venue marketing strategy
• Devise and manage marketing initiatives to promote commercial lettings
• Proactively initiate and develop relationships with new and existing clients and suppliers
• Maximise the commercial use of the venue
• Deputise for the Private Events Manager as required
• Previous experience of working within a sales and marketing role promoting an events venue / company, developing marketing strategies and initiatives to increase business
• Experience of organising corporate/commercial events for 500 + guests
• Good experience of proactively developing and managing relationships with clients
• Ability to identify new markets and trends
• Ability to adapt approach and style depending on audience
• High quality written and oral communication skills
• Experience of analysing financial and sales data to help build new business and improve service
• Proficient in all areas of social media
• Natural flair for networking, self-driven and enthusiastic about success in role