What makes us happy? I can give you a long list – but here at Aldrich we specialise in shortlists!
If you have read our previous blogs, you will what is on, everything from the theatre to latest exhibitions as well as career tips like how to ace an interview.
I thought we would share some of our happiness tips today.
- Of course with the sun shining this morning as you stride out the door you know that some routines really kick start the day
- Lavender infused bath oil
- By Sarah facial oil; both Sarah and Lauren worked at Aldrich in the early days Sarah’s inspiration and motivation to make organic skincare began with her sister, Lauren’s recovery from leukaemia in 2012. Searching for gentle, natural and organic products to soothe and nourish her sister’s sensitive skin Sarah decided to hand-blend her own products using organic and sustainably-sourced plant-based ingredients, so that she knew exactly what was in them. Essential skin fuel!
- Coffee from Wild and Wood in London Wall – Jersey whole milk and coffee beans ground from El Salvador – open from 7 am
- Arriving at work to a clear desk and a to do list written the previous evening before in the black n red note book using the ever so effective V-Pen brings more joy. That and then a team briefing on top candidates and shortlists for clients
- Every success here at Aldrich is sounded by a bell – and boy has it been ringing this week. Coincidently Ray Dalio’s (of Bridgewater Associates) advice is ‘Do What You Set Out to Do ‘
- Work for goals that you and your organisation are excited about and think about how your tasks connect to those goals
- Be coordinated and consistent in motivating others
- Don’t act before thinking. Take the time to come up with a game plan
- Look for creative, cut-through solutions
- Recognise that everyone has too much to do
- Don’t get frustrated
- Use checklists
- Don’t confuse checklists with personal responsibility
- Allow time for rest and renovation
- Ring the bell
- Birthdays – we celebrated Kate’s big day with her favourite organic homemade Coffee and Walnut cake created by our happiness cook Marisa.
Lavender oil, Holland & Barrett: https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/miaroma-lavender-pure-essential-oil-60060115?skuid=060115&&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_peXvfyQ2gIVD5ztCh0msAr5EAQYASABEgIbz_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Desk Bell, Manufactum: https://www.manufactum.co.uk/suche/?q=desk%20bell
Wild and Wood: http://wildandwoodcoffee.co.uk/
It is the support that truly honourable people give to their colleagues, which underlines our values and is vivid in our business. We listen, we learn and the evolution of our business stays true 8,541 days since we set up our company.
Easter has arrived with a chill but it is a brilliant opportunity to relax and take time to recharge. We are excited to work with you and look forward to catching up after the holiday.